We are a nondenominational independent church having no earthly headquarters or organizational structure beyond the local church that we are. We cooperate with other churches of like faith in sending over 2,000 missionaries into all parts of the world. We are part of a brotherhood made up of 2,000,000 people, over 7,000 churches, maintaining over 50 colleges and institutions of higher learning and 200 Christian service camps. In addition, scores of benevolent centers, children’s homes, orphanages and various agencies through our funds and personnel. We believe in a ministry that takes Christ to the hearts of men, which is the world’s greatest need.
The Oak Forest Congregation began in August, 1957 in a little block building on St. Mary’s Road in Oak Forest as a church plant. The Mother congregation was the Brookville Church of Christ in Brookville, Indiana. In 1962, the congregation moved into a new facility on Shop Road. With additional growth came the need for additional space. Therefore, in 1992 an addition was added to the Shop Road building. As the congregation continued to be faithful to God’s will, there was a need to expand the facility once again. This addition meant another new location. In 2003, ground was broken on the church’s 30 acres of land just outside of Brookville on St. Mary’s Road. Through the years, the congregation has built buildings and moved physical locations, but the church’s foundation has always remained on the Rock of Jesus.